Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mustache Drinking Glasses




I have been seeing "mustache" products all over Pinterest and they make me smile every time! So after seeing the way cute mugs in this pin...


Source: gisselserrano.tumblr.com via Laura on Pinterest

and wanting to do some glass etching with the cream I got at Michael's...



( Make sure you use a coupon when you go! Try downloading their app if you need a coupon)

I decided my kitchen needed some new glasses!


Items needed for this project:

 drinking glasses to etch
 etching cream
 vinyl
 cutting mat
 pencil
x-acto knife
mustache printable found below


So to start this project I first printed off some mustaches, I found the ones I printed off from this pin...







then I cut out and put the mustaches on a piece of vinyl that I put on a cutting mat for easy cutting

 now to take a blunt pencil and traced all of the mustaches so that there is an indent left in the vinyl


And use and x-acto to carefully cut them out

After I got all of my mustaches cut out, I cut around each of them and placed them where I wanted on the glasses. Try to make sure that you get the vinyl as smooth as you can, especially around the outline of the mustache.





Then it is time to add the etching cream...


Wait 60 seconds and  rinse the cream off and you have new mustache drinking glasses...




I think this one is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment