Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Funky Photo Frame





I love to go shopping at Michael's just to look around and the other day I was walking around and came across these fun wood frames and had to get one! I had no idea what I could do with it but knew that I needed one (They were $6.99 I think, but if you decide to get one make sure you bring a coupon.  If you download their app, it will be on your phone).  I brought it home and looked at it for a day or two and decided that it needed to be a photo frame and this is what I came up with.



This is the plain wood shape, They had square frames and smaller sizes as well.




I painted the frame this blue that I love!



Then I took ribbon and tied it to the big frame and hot glued a smaller picture frame onto the ribbon ( I tried to only glue on the frame itself so I could change the picture if I wanted).
I glued the end of the ribbon to the big frame also.

                                  You could just be done here. I just thought that my frame needed a little more.
         SO I took strips of vinyl and put stripes on the picture frame and am happy with how it turned out!                                   

  


1 comment:

  1. Found you via The Frugal Girls. I saw these at Michael's the other day! I am going to use mine to make something to hang above my daughters bed. I got the same frame as you & a letter C. I am covering the C (for her first name) in yarn that coordinates to the frame then I'll hang the C inside the frame! I loved these, thought they were such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete