Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bread Machine Bread Sticks





I love to make my family homemade meals. It is so nice to prepare a meal and have made almost everything yourself. Being a huge bread fan, I wanted to be able to make my own for our meals.  I have really struggled when it came to making breads and rolls from scratch. For a long time I would be so excited to try a new roll recipe and they would come out like rocks. Since making rocks was not my goal I would get pretty discouraged, then this year I discovered an ally.  My bread machine.  I am still not an expert baker by any means but now I can at least make rolls and they turn out pretty good.  So today I decided to try and make bread sticks using my bread machine.

I got the recipe I used from

I  put the ingredients in my bread machine in this order:


1 1/2 tsp yeast
1 Cup of water- I always use warm water (not too hot, not too cold)
1 Egg that is lightly beaten
1/4 cup butter- I did not have actual butter so I used country crock.  If you do use butter I would make sure it was soft.
4 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tbs instant dry milk
3 1/4 cups flour
                                        
                                            ( I just put my ingredients in and didn't mix)


 Now you put your bread machine on the dough cycle and wait




                              (This is what mine looked like when it was finished)


Roll out your dough on a floured surface and I divided it into 16 pieces.  




(I divided my dough into 2 pieces and then divided those halves until I had 16 pieces, this is only half of them)






Shape the rolls into bread stick shapes and put them on greased pans, you will probably need two.


                               
                        Cover them and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes




I then put a little olive oil and garlic salt on their tops and put them in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown on top


They were yummy! Put with a pasta dish and a salad and you have a complete meal!









No comments:

Post a Comment